Wednesday 20 February 2019

January 2019 Favourites

Wow. The first month of the year is already gone. I really have to think about favourites but it should be easy because this Jan was 5 years long. Let's just keep jumping into it:

Renew Perfect Colour Retouch

ZA


This is probably their most “controversial” shade. When it just launched it was the colour most people in the comments had issue with. I love this colour. It is the most complements on my hair I've ever gotten. I bought it just before Christmas and retouched the ends because I know it's when I take the most pics. I find it such an easy product to work with because of it's gel like consistency.



Now after my New Year speech, There is nothing about animal testing any where so I will be looking for other options (I still have a purple I need to finish using). It is also a brand from India BUT it is manufactured in South Africa. The Godrej Company owns stakes in many other African based companies like Frika and Infecto.

Available at Dischem, Checkers, Pick 'n' Pay, Spar and Clicks. Cheaper than the full box with bleach (Also don't sleep on the bleach. It's the good stuff.)

🌱🐰


I enjoy single eye shadows that look like a whole blended look. It reminds me of MAC Blue Brown Pigment or Essence Moonlight eyes in 03 Cosmic but easier to work with.


Available at Dischem and Takealot.com at R55.00

Essence Melted Chrome Eyeshadow in 02 ironic
🐰

You need to swatch to understand the intense glitter formulation. Just a warning: It's so soft it breaks so easy. Another multi purpose shadow that wears beautifully as a single and layers well as a pop of sparkle. I will be buying them all though this specific shade is a nice nude glimmer that most if not all complexions can wear because of the warmer undertone.


Availble at Dischem for R60, Takealot.com for R65 and selected Clicks branches. (I'm saying selected because smaller Clicks branches carry less items on the single wall stands. The double carousels carry them.)

New Segment~ Saving the RRR
🌱🐰ZA


Yes. It is also Gluten Free to save money. I usually use this section for fashion but because of my love/hate relationship with fast fashion and clothing sizes and also challenging myself to make clothes instead of buying (That will be a series I want to start) I'll use this space to tell you monthly how I'm saving or being frugal. This only occurred to me as I started working on my post so come back next month for my 1st tip or hack. Tell me what you think in the comments.

MomsNeedtoKnow.com's Chocolate Pudding


My mother-in-law comes to eat dinner at our house a few times a month. I always like to do a full home cooked meal with an easy dessert. Now I was so occupied with trying to think how to not overcook the fish (It was special guys, I actually made not chicken) and my oven already being full with roasted veg (Because ya gurl usually bakes a cake) that I forgot a dessert.
*first world problem intensifies*
Pinterest hooked me up and it was an awesome easy dessert with stuff I already have.

Add a Vegetable
🌱🐰


WOW lame one Michellè. But it's true. You know with all of the “ new year, new me” but not really bs that floats around Facebook and Pinterest, this was my mantra:


There is always this consuming need to suddenly change everything about what you eat.
- No this
- No that
- No Burgers
- No Sugar
- No damn fun

And next week everyone is eating exactly as they did the year before. Bye Paleo, Keto, whatever trendy diet. Some how diet failure leaves some people worse off than they started. I just decided to start with an easy step: Add a vegetable.

My normal plate is a animal protein, a starch, salad. So all I did was reduce the starch and fill that with a veg. Also a veg I like. Asparagus was huge this season. Marrows, spinach, Pak Choy, roasted peppers.

Bob Ross type Youtubers


As a South African, I've only got to know Bob's content recently (2017). Last year it was a massive trend to follow his instruction and recreate his paintings. Many people just watch him because of his patient, calm instruction to painting landscapes.

I have 3 Youtubers I can recommend to watch if you are into that type of content:

I have not done nails in years but I love the content. She dives into nail art, gel and acrylic nail application, removal of artificial nails and testing of new products and lines. Bonus points for if you see her throwing a box over her shoulder. She may be one of the more mature youtubers and her content is well edited and is better produced than most tv shows.

I can't remember how I found this channel as I have zero interest in repainting dolls but LOOOOVE this content. She narrates while she time lapses redrawing doll faces, makes doll wigs and outfits. In my life I would never attempt but watch the super detail she puts in every doll. Bonus points for Mr Super Clear.

I love sewing so I know why I got her in my suggested feed one day. Now she does not super glue together a cut up t-shirt and E6000 pieces of lace to it and call it content. (no tea, some shade Amber Scholl). She sews a lot of mid century patterns and recreates lavish historic costumes. Some times she follows instructions other times she does drafting herself. Bonus if you can count the amounts of times she changes her nail polish.
https://angelacostumery.com/

All these channels are well edited and the narration or instruction is with a calm demeanor. No random loudness or absurd screaming. Most videos are 20 to 25 minutes long and all of them have a weekly upload. A lot of time they all make it feel like we are learning together and don't make me feel like an idiot who doesn't know the basics (which I actually am because I never have repainted a doll, haven't done nails in more that 10 years and sew basic stuff)

Bullet Journal



This I listed as my free as I didn't have to buy anything to start it. I had a book, pens and a ruler. Though many who know me may think I have this elaborately decorated book with drawings and scribbles, my book is basic a.f. with stuff to remember. I have a multitude of lists and dates I need to remember. Written down in note books, Google Keep, lose papers or I just don't write it down and forget when last my dogs got de wormed/ gas got changed/ kilometers of the last time my car got serviced. I decides to compile everything in one place.

Lists for shopping, meal plans to mowing the lawn, birthdays to moon phases are all in this one place with yearly, monthly and weekly overviews. My weekly also has my daily stuff with time slots I usually miss out on. (Like I should be thinking of another post but it's 18 of February and have not posted this yet. Fail.)

That's my stuff for the month of Jan.
Bye

Michellè

No comments:

Post a Comment